I used to hand out a paper version of my Aftercare, but I want to veer away from wasteful practices – so I’m providing an online source!
WHAT ARE YOUR AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS?
1. Keep tattoo bandaged for 1 hour or until you can properly and safely clean your tattoo.
2. Remove bandage/plastic wrap and wash tattoo with Tatsoul-PRIDE Aftercare Cleanser / liquid antibacterial soap (ex: Dial/Softsoap) and warm water. Only use clean fingertips when washing your tattoo – using a rag/sponge/loofah can potentially scratch and damage your tattoo. Lightly pat dry with a towel or just let it air dry. http://www.prideaftercare.com/store/
3. Apply a very thin layer (a tiny bit goes a long way) of Tatsoul-PRIDE Ointment three to five times daily for THREE days. During your day keep the tube in your pocket so that it is warm and simply glides onto your skin. If applied when cool/cold there can be small pieces/chunks of the ointment applied. http://www.prideaftercare.com/store/
4. The first three Nights before bed, wash thoroughly, apply Tatsoul-PRIDE Ointment and wrap with plastic wrap. This will prevent sticking to sheets and clothes, as well as picking up lint or hair. Immediately in the morning remove and discard the plastic and clean your tattoo properly.
5. After the three days of Tatsoul-PRIDE Ointment , switch to PRIDE Aftercare Tattoo Lotion / unscented lotion (ex: Curel/Keri) for one week (longer if you prefer). Apply a very thin layer three to fives times daily. http://www.prideaftercare.com/store/
6. Do NOT pick or scratch tattoo at anytime during healing. You may pat it if it begins to itch. It will begin to peel after a few days, similar to sunburn. Let it flake away on its own.
7. Do NOT submerge tattoo in water for long periods of time. Showers are fine. (Approx. 2 weeks) No pools, Jacuzzis, Ocean, or Baths during this time.
8. Keep tattoo out of sun during healing (Approx. 2 weeks). You will always want to protect your Healed tattoo from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. These can fade and damage a brilliant tattoo very fast. Before spending a lot of time in excessive heat, protect your tattoo with a minimum 30SPF sunblock. Reapply sunblock as directed to stay protected.
9. Wear loose fitting clothing during the healing process so as to avoid irritating, scratching, and damaging your new tattoo.
10. Keep in mind that a tattoo is an open wound and must be delicately taken care of to avoid damage, so that it can heal well and look the best it can.
If you have any questions relating to the after care of your tattoo please do not hesitate to call (804) 342.1981 or email me and I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can.